Jersey Boys

July 12, 2017 Baltimore, MD, USA



Who: My MIL and I
What: Jersey Boys, the jukebox story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons


When: September 2016
Where: the Hippodrome Theatre, Baltimore
Why: It was the first show of the season! I was in theatre withdrawal from the summer silence.
Thoughts: I'm always a little hesitant to see a jukebox musical when I'm not familiar with the artist, but inevitably, I go to the show and almost immediately think "oh! that song!" They are usually classics we've all heard without awareness of the artist.

The plot is nothing particularly riveting; what makes the show is the solid acting and singing as well as the "seasons" model of narration. I left the theatre enthusiastic and wanting to learn more about the artists. I'd call that a success on the show's behalf. My only complaint would be that I felt the transition into the ending was a little abrupt and didn't seem to flow with the rest of the show. Still, I definitely enjoyed myself and would say Jersey Boys is a show worth seeing.



Have you seen Jersey Boys? Let me know in the comments below!

All the shows I've seen to date can be found here.



 photo bl-signature_zpsa43ojanx.png

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the discussion!

© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.