Aladdin

June 20, 2017 New York, NY, USA

Who: Me, my MIL, and a cousin | Me, myself, and I


Aladdin Cadillac Palace Theatre


When: September 2014 | May 2017
Why: Because Disney!

Excuse all the blurry Playbill selfies. Anyone have tips for a good selfie in these dimly lit theatres?

Thoughts: 
On seating: I'll preface everything by saying in general, my preferred theatre seating is front orchestra left. I often buy "limited view" seats to get a great view at an even better price. With Aladdin, this is not the way to go. When I saw the show on Broadway with family, we had nosebleed mezzanine seats. When I went solo in Chicago, I purchased my usual limited view orchestra left seating. Aladdin is a very glitzy show that uses every inch of the stage, so for once, I think sitting a little further back (preferably more towards the center) gives a better "big picture" experience vs. sitting close up to enjoy details like costuming and facial expressions.
On the show: I saw it twice, so it can't be too bad, right? I adored the original Broadway cast (this was also the first show I stage doored and the actors were all super nice), and the Chicago/touring production retains all of the magic. Having Adam Jacobs, Broadway's original Aladdin on the tour certainly contributes to that. I do prefer Broadway's Jasmine (Courtney Reed) to the actor in the role on tour, but overall, this is still an amazing production worth anyone's time.

Broadway. Fun fact: Disney shows at the New Amsterdam Theatre have this "Showbill" instead of a regular Playbill

Touring (Chicago)


See my entire Broadway history to date here. Have you seen Aladdin on stage yet? Let me know in the comments!

 photo bl-signature_zpsa43ojanx.png

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the discussion!

© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.