December 17, 2013

Veggie Fritatta: Christmas Edition

Day eight of twelve

This year Sean and I are hosting my family on Christmas day and made an unconventional (for us) decision to have them over earlier in the day for brunch. This serves two purposes:

1. We see my family first then have time in the evening to spend with his.
2. We don't stress about dinner prep and what is or isn't vegetarian.

It was a last minute decision but one that I'm excited about. Fruits, breads, eggs, tea, juice...mmmm. Nothing beats a hearty morning spread.

I have to admit that my breakfast most mornings is an Arbonne protein shake and a piece of fruit (mmm!). But, when I do cook, one of my favorite recipes has become a simple one: the fritatta. And it just so happens that with the veggies I most often have on hand, it looks a little Christmas-y by default: red and green everywhere!



This is super easy, and like most of my recipes, super customizable. Use this to get inspired and make yours with whatever suits your taste!


Veggie Fritatta


You Will Need:

12 eggs
2 bell peppers, 1 red, 1 green, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 cup chopped broccoli
1-2 roma tomatoes, seeded, juiced, and chopped
milk
salt/pepper
olive oil
grated cheese (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a  9x13 baking dish with olive oil
Steam or saute vegetables while whisking eggs with desired amount of salt/pepper/milk
Mix vegetables into egg mixture and pour into baking dish; sprinkle cheese on top if desired


Bake for 45 minutes or until top is set
Cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!


 photo linkup13001_zpsd63590aa.jpg