sean + bekah: sean's other woman

August 19, 2013

This is the fourth in a series of posts telling our "love story." To read from the beginning, start with our prequel.

Sean and I had gone on our first date. While it wasn't a bust like some I mentioned here, I wasn't sure that it was a success either.

I got home and e-mailed him to assure him I'd made it home safe in the snow (upon his request). Soon after, I got this reply:


I guess I didn't leave too bad of an impression.

As I mentioned last week, we lived an hour apart. That mainly left weekends for us to see one another. The upcoming weekend was Super Bowl Sunday, and we both already had plans. That brought us to Valentine's Day weekend.

Obviously we had only been one one date. We had been talking on the phone often, but I certainly had no expectations for us to celebrate the holiday in any way. I was taken aback, however, when Sean told me he had plans:

"I'm going to visit Michelle for her birthday."

Who the heck is Michelle? Why is he going all the way to Michigan to visit her and why is he telling me!? As I discussed in the prequel, I'd already dealt with a cheating boyfriend. There was no way I was going to deal with another one. At the same time, we certainly weren't exclusive either. Maybe she was another girl he met on match.com. If he traveled out of state to visit me, who's to say he wouldn't do it for someone else?

I wasn't going to compete, but I was curious. I wasn't attached enough to Sean at this point to be hurt if he was dating a ton of chicks, but I was wondering what kind of guy announces his intentions to see another girl so obviously. I decided to wait this one out. Just for fun.

Off to Michigan's upper peninsula he went. My phone rang nightly and our talks continued. He seemed to be interested in me, but, hello, he was calling me from another girl's house. What the heck?

Sean came home and was excited to tell me all about his trip. I still hadn't seen him at this point. Finally, on one of our nightly calls, he was telling a story from the trip, and started with:

"So, Michelle's fiance..."

"She's engaged!?" I ask

"Yeah....you didn't know that?"

"No...."

And thus, the story finally came out. Michelle was Sean's "twin," a good friend from college. She had transferred out and college wasn't his thing. This was just a reunited buddy visit. With the air cleared, we scheduled our second meeting.

Since I'm sure you all know how the story ends, I'll mention Michelle was in our wedding. She is on the right. 


Read more next week!
[update: part 5 here]

post signature

10 comments

  1. Hahaha. Love it! Can't wait for next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a guy friend just like Michelle :) I would have thought that is a long way to go for a casual girlfriend (when he is clearly trying to see other people)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgsh! I had the same thing happen to me..I flipped! I am loving your love story! It is a great way to start off the morning..very bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe aww love this! The same thing happened to Leon and I sort of. Leon & His best friend's wife Krista has a really close sister/brother spiritual relationship. Krista and I are now best friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I love that she is on his side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear that girl is a troublemaker! Steer clear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOSH I would have totally done the same damn thing. Anytime I hear my 'guy' talking about another girl I instantly go into crazy mode like WHO IS SHE? WHERE IS HER FAMILY? WHERE CAN I HIDE THE BODY?

    Guess it's a womanly thing.

    XOXO
    Fal
    FalFindsHappiness.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that she's a groomsmaid. I want to be one in one of my friend's wedding. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.