the newlywed game: 4th go-round

March 29, 2013


So, last week, I mentioned to Sean that we should try a vlog. He was all cool with it...til it was actually time to do it. Granted, we've both had a long week, but with all the typing he did and answering-my-answers, we may has well have just done it anyway. The good news is, you all won't have to see me wearing Sean's answer to the last question!





1.Where was the proposal? How did it all go down?

Sean- She said no!
Bekah – This is true. He told my mom he’d cut my wrist off if I said no, so I had to test him!
Anyhow, he made reservations at Lewnes’ which is a local fancy steakhouse (obviously pre-veg – he is over here still annoyed that I ordered “the cheapest” steak on the menu).
We are casual people who don’t make reservations for ANYTHING,  so he kind of gave himself away…but that’s OK. He got down on one knee and popped the question after dinner.
Sean- No one noticed which is kinda sad and good in both ways. The only one to notice something was up was our waitress as Bekah was making the ring sparkle in the candlelight.

2. Name one thing that makes you similar to your spouse and one thing that makes you totally opposite from your spouse.

Sean- Goofiness is our similarity. Probably sports would be our opposites.
Goofy? Us?

Bekah – This is scary, but we are similar in wardrobe tastes. We have dressed separately for church only to realize we’re practically wearing the same thing! Really we’re like minded on many issues, but somehow, we are drastically different on politics.

3.When was your very first date?  What did you do?

Sean- Sometime in January I think. We saw the Aviator at the theater; I explained some technical tidbits to her, she commented on Leonardo Decrapio’s lipstick and we were subsequently told to shut up by a woman in the row in front of us (the movie was nearing its theater run, and I think we sat in our seats first anyway).
Bekah – It was January 31 of 2005.  It snowed that day and this was our first time meeting in person (we met online). I wanted to back out after some not-so-stellar other dates, but he offered to drive down, so I picked a town I knew well but didn’t live in. So yeah, we talk during movies. And the lady told me to shut up. I was pretty sure he’d have no interest in seeing me again.

4.How many boy/girlfriends did your spouse have before you?

Sean- I can think of only two boyfriends she’s mentioned.
Bekah- (really it’s four but I don’t discuss exes much I guess).  He had three – his super long term high school girlfriend and two in college.

5.Complete the sentence:  My spouse is a natural born ________.

Sean- Wannabe Russian spy.
Bekah-Ha! I always ask him if I can have crazy dangerous jobs. He doesn’t appreciate it. Sean is a natural-born addict of beer and volleyball.
Sean- I didn’t start liking the taste of beer til I was 12. Volleyball on the other hand- I went to my first vb tournament when I was 2 weeks old and my dad stuck a volleyball in my crib since day one.

6.Our marriage would be absolutely perfect if we could just agree on __________.

Sean- Sexual positions. Kidding, we never disagree on that.
Bekah – You know what? No more censored! I’m leaving that for everyone to read.
Anyway, if we could agree on moving out of Maryland to a warmer and more affordable state, perhaps?

7.  Which of these does your spouse have more of, in your opinion?  
Sense of Humor, Sense of Time, Sense of Adventure, Common Sense.

Sean- Sense of humor with common sense being a close second.
Bekah- Same.

7.Where is the oddest location you have ever shared a kiss with your spouse?


On a rock in Maine? Not weird enough?

Sean- A bathroom perhaps.
Bekah – Yeah, we’re that married couple who chat with each other in the bathroom.  I can’t think of anything “odd.”

8.Complete this sentence:  I knew I had found the love of my life when my spouse ______.

Sean- When she was able to out-belch the vast majority of my friends.
Bekah – Proved to actually BE a gentleman versus guys who ACT like one for a short while to make an impression.

9.Explain the outfit that you love most on your spouse.

Sean- Lingerie! (see, aren't you glad this isn't a vlog now?)
Bekah- This blue sweater he wore on our first date. It brings back fun memories. He still has it (and pretty much all his clothes from high school to date).

That's the one! I "suggested" he wear it the first time we had nice pics taken together.





4 comments

  1. My husband basically also said Lingerie! Men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm noticing that theme in most of the ones linked up today. that and yoga pants :)

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha!
    I just can't explain how much I love you guys!
    Your answers are always great!
    Definitely makes me laugh out loud every time!
    Love the pictures too!! =)
    Hehehe, what a typical man answer for the last one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love that yall dress the same! that happens to us too...
    sounds like he really likes volleyball too haha
    I think the guys just really like to try and embarrass us! with their funny answers like 6 and 9! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.