re•cent awesomeness [aka 5 on friday]

March 21, 2014 Baltimore, MD, USA

We've already established that positivity is contagious. Unfortunately, I haven't been spreading much of anything with my poor time management skills as of late (silly grown-up work hours)!

So, I'll leave it to a link up to motivate me to spread some cheer again.


5. My job's HR department. They are too cute. They e-mail the company as a whole if there are cops issuing parking tickets, if a cupcake truck is sitting outside, if there is leftover food hanging out for people to nibble on, oh...and if they're giving us awesome perks like free 10 minute chair massages. I won't complain!

4. Adjusting to the city. I'm suburban through and through. I was convinced I hated the city. But when your office is in a quaint historic section of town on the water, I can't help but think of how much more I'm going to enjoy things in the summer. Even now, with tolerable temps, I'm enjoying lunchtime walks exploring the area.

3. Speaking of exploring - the city is a great place to be a vegetarian! Most places have options for me, and there's an exclusive vegetarian/vegan place just a few blocks away!

lentil soup, salad, vegan bread

greek wrap - this place was apparently on diners, drive-ins, and dives.

brie & walnut sandwich from a french bakery-cafe

2. And speaking of summer - we're not there yet. I so wish we were, but this is all about spreading the positivity, so yay for the more tolerable temps we're getting a hint of, even if they're threatening the 's' word again next week...

1. Animal fun! Zoot has some guinea pig friends over this week - more fluff balls to cuddle!

he's not so sure about her. she couldn't care less.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments

  1. I just love your positivity and your HR department haha! I work for a really small non-profit, so we don't really have HR, but what nice people! I've also always felt it'd be easier to be a vegetarian in a city rather than on the burbs where I live - there just aren't that many places to go besides Whole Foods! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your HR department is awesome! Chair massages?? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're threatening us with snow next week, too, but I'm trying to not believe them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that's great that there are veggie places to eat where you are! That way you don't have to brownbag it every day. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your HR/work environment sounds amazing! What a great place to work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.