That's what Christmas means to me, my love...

December 9, 2013

....ohohohohoh!

That song pops into my head every time I hear the question "What does Christmas mean to you?"

Now that we've got that out of the way, on to business!

Welcome to the first of our Twelve Days of Christmas! It's not too late to link up. If today's question isn't your thing, that's OK - there are 11 more! Pick a handful and link up with us!

 photo linkup13001_zpsd63590aa.jpg
I won't write an essay today. I'll give you a list. Bloggers love lists, right? So, in no particular order, here's what Christmas means to me:


  • The birth and gift of our Savior.



  • Sparkling lights & overall decorating
  • Pine
  • Love Actually (I've already watched it this season - also, take this quiz to see who you are - I love that Sean and I ended up with Natalie and David!)
  • Tchaikovsky - I was obsessed with The Nutcracker as a kid and still love the music to this day. (and finally got to see a live performance for the first time in my life this weekend)
  • Candelight service
  • Hot tea
  • Caroling/music
  • Togetherness
  • Ridiculous white elephant exchanges
  • Picking the perfect gift
  • Family
  • Baking

  • Cards
  • The nostalgia evoked on tree-decorating day when we pull each ornament from the box and remember its origins.
  • Taking years to compromise a tradition I loved that Sean hated (more on that on December 18!)





3 comments

  1. I have never seen that movie. Sham, shame, shame. Yes ma'am to the warm tea. Really any warm drink. And obviously Yes, yes and more yes to Baby Jesus. I love me some Jesus! Yep, sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tradition you loved and Sean hated??? Hmm, you've intrigued me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love love Love Actually! I will watch it any time of the year. I did twice this weekend in fact :-) I love the music from The Nutcracker too. In particular the jazz version of the suite by Duke Ellington.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.