super lazy eats: mediterranean pita

August 15, 2013



A couple of months ago, I finally did what everyone swore was so easy: I tried making my own hummus.

Everyone was right. You essentially throw a ton of stuff in a food processor, and voila! Hummus (if you do it the lazy way like me with canned chickpeas, anyway)!

Ever since then, homemade hummus is almost always hanging out in a tupperware container in the fridge. When I'm too lazy to even cook, I've definitely had dinners of pretzels and hummus more than once (I add baby carrots if I feel like behaving)!

No, seriously. This is the tupperware container I just pulled out of my fridge to show you. You can tell I've been enjoying it!

It should be no surprise then, that this hummus found a place in my most recent super lazy eat. I've been munching on this one for the last week or so. The good news is, like most of these eats, that they are super customizable. Just a starting point for what you want your new lazy yumminess to be.

The first time I made this, I got all fancy. Multiple diced veggies, rice, some balsamic vinegar. Yum. But let's be real. I'm not fancy. And I'm often in a rush. So, the recipe has become as simple as my tomato sandwiches or cucumber sandwiches:




Mediterranean Pita


You Will Need:

Whole wheat pita: 1 
Hummus: 1-2 tbsp. 
Cucumber: ~1/3

Directions:

Open pita and fill/spread with hummus.
Chop cucumber and stuff into pita.
Enjoy!

post signature

This recipe is linked up at Vegetarian Mamma, The Best Blog Recipes, Glitz n' Grits, A Peek Into my Paradise, Sensational Creations, and Sumo's Sweet Stuff.

10 comments

  1. I love pitas!!! seriously so good and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hungry now.
    I can't believe cucumber has the ability to make me hungry at 10am...
    whats happening to me!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you've made your own Hummus. I eat that stuff so much and spend far to much money on it. I need to get a food processor stat. *gimmie*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a mean black bean hummus. I'll have to give you the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hummus too, who doesn't? I like switching out the chickpeas for while beans and adding a bunch of fresh basil and lemon juice. It is so delish! I am hungry now...;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We make an awesome pink hummus( it has beets and northern beans in it as well as the traditional ingredients..) it's to die for and the girls LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum!! love hummus, there are so many different ways you can make it, I love it with roasted red pepper! That sandwich looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very "healthy" lol I do not have the time to be this creative lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cucumber sandwiches, so this would be great for me. Adding hummus would be a nice way to have a little more flavor. Thank you for sharing this with the Less Laundry, More Linking party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.