a very crunchy guest post

August 23, 2013

Happy Friday!

I am happy to have a kindred spirit on the blog today! I met Holly when I realized she, like me, had suggested a "green" theme for the Cara Box back in April. I contacted her immediately and we've been in touch ever since. Today, she is sharing a popular vegetarian recipe while I continue to envy her CSA membership. :)

I'm Holly and I blog over at Back Home Again. When Bekah asked me if I would like to guest post on her blog, I jumped at the chance. She is one of my favorite bloggers and one of my crunchy kindred :-) In honor of her being a vegetarian, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite vegetarian recipes, eggplant parmesan. I made this last week and it was definitely a hit with everyone in my house. An added bonus is that all the veggies came from our CSA!  

DSCF0290 edited

Sauce

4 tomatoes, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp basil
red pepper flakes, to taste
salt, to taste

Combine ingredients in saucepan. Cook until tomatoes are soft. Puree with immersion blender to desired chunkiness.

Eggplant

Slice eggplant and dip in egg, then panko breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, take out of oven and sprinkle mozzarella on eggplant. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned. 

DSCF0282

Pasta

Cook your favorite pasta, then top with sauce, then eggplant. Enjoy!




3 comments

  1. I swear you are posting the most interest food posts lately..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)Explain this CSA thing to me
    2) I tried to make this months back and it was a hot ol' mess. Will deff have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.