super lazy eats: a sack of potatoes

June 3, 2013


You may or may not have noticed the lack of recipes on my blog as of lately. The truth is, I can be quite lazy. There are times where I'm all about destroying playing in the kitchen, and then there are (much longer) times where I want nothing more than to grab some Panera and call it a day.

My wallet doesn't always allow that and obviously, it isn't the healthiest to begin with. Then I have to resort to what is left in the house because I'm too lazy to grocery shop and too lazy to put much effort into making something anyway.

Don't judge me. I know you've been there, too.

I know because I recently discussed my top five blog posts since beginning re•solve, and I realized that four of those five were recipes. Quick, lazy recipes to be specific. I mean, my #1 post of all time, Arbonne Protein Bars, involves some stirring and a minute in the microwave.

this was one of my first posts and I thought nothing of it, but many of you felt otherwise!

So, here's my solution. I'm lazy and apparently you all like it. So, I'll be sharing more of my go-to lazy day recipes that I once thought worthless because the numbers have spoken! Any time you see a post prefaced with super lazy eats, you'll know what's up. I'm starting now with a throwback and a new recipe, both from a sack of potatoes!


Super Lazy Eats: nom nom potatoes and vegan potato salad


Over the weekend, I realized how empty my kitchen was. All fresh veggies were gone save for a sack of red potatoes.

I snack throughout the day, so it is not unusual for me to cook a veggie and call it dinner like I'm doing here. And, since potatoes take time, I pulled a lazy trick of doing double duty - I prepared two potato dishes at once.

The first I have blogged about before - nom nom potatoes. Yum. These never get old. You can make them with any potato you want, but I do think red is my personal favorite.


While those baked, I boiled more potatoes on the oven so I could whip up a potato salad to hide in the fridge so my lazy self would be pleasantly surprised on another hungry day. Lazy resourcefulness!


Vegan Red Potato Salad


You Will Need:
  • 4-6 red potatoes
  • 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar 
  • 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. each sea salt, black pepper, dill, and cilantro
  • 1-2 stalks diced celery (I totally omitted this as I was celery-less)
Directions:
  • Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add potatoes. Cook about 20 min.
  • Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and seasonings.


  • Rinse potatoes in cold water and when cooled, cut into small cubes.

  • Mix potatoes in bowl with mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!

post signature

Thanks to Coastal Charm for featuring this post.

6 comments

  1. That salad looks delish!! Perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, great potato salad! Thanks for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm lazy and apparently you all like it." <----- haha,fantastic! I'll definitely have to try that potato salad. I, too, only have potatoes left in my pantry and am lazyyyy when it comes to cooking 90% of the time. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lazy recipe! Sometimes I am that way, I just get tired of cooking! This recipe looks fantastic - great mix for the dressing!
    Thanks for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! I am so glad you dropped by!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM YUM and more YUM. I recently made something similar. It didn't last long around here! SO good!! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. After eating, put the rest inside a bulk container and inside the refrigerator. For the rainy days. :)
    Ed of QuincyBag.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.