re•cipe re•visited: [crock pot] Greek Potatoes & Green Beans

December 16, 2014 Baltimore, MD, USA


Some time ago, I gave this recipe a try in an effort to use up the green beans that had taken a long residency in my freezer. Sean and I were split; I liked the taste but he did not. I think we both agreed that for a baked dish, it was pretty ugly.

Since he didn't like it, I never made it again...until maybe a month ago. I just haven't had the same time or energy to cook and decided it was about time I gave crock pot meals a try. When Veronica told me baked potatoes could be done in the crock pot (she was right; what an easy go-to!), this recipe came back to mind and I figured, why not give it another try - with my spin on things?

I was nervous serving it to Sean, but I guess he forgot that I'd made this dish once before, because he went back for seconds! We just had these again last night, so I am now declaring my crock pot version the winner of Greek Potatoes and Green Beans. Here you go:


[crock pot] Greek Potatoes & Green Beans

by Bekah Walsh
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours
Ingredients (Serves 4)
  • 3-5 medium-large potatoes [your preference of variety]
  • 1 12-16 oz bag frozen green beans
  • 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 tsp. Mediterranean seasoning
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • [optional] feta cheese
Instructions
Clean potatoes and cut into bite size chunks
Coat potatoes with olive oil, seasoning, salt,and pepper
Add green beans to potato mixture
Mix remaining ingredients in crock pot with potatoes
Cook on low for 7 hours
Serve with or without sprinkled feta on top
Powered by Recipage

post signature

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.