how to get a deeper clean without breaking the bank

December 29, 2014 Baltimore, MD, USA


Disclosure: Oleavine provided this product via tomoson.com in exchange for my opinions which are my own.

Like many people this year, I realized that I needed a deeper clean when caring for my skin.

All the buzz seemed to be about sonic cleaners. But dang, they're crazy expensive. On top of that, there's replacement heads to buy, the abrasiveness (especially for those with sensitive skin), and the concerns about spreading bacteria. No thanks.

So, formost of the year, I was cheap and relied on a Silicone Facial Cleansing Pad plus a scrub for extra exfoliation once or twice a week. Definitely an improvement from regular cleaning but I still had some issues.

Then, suddenly,  the Konjac Sponge started popping up all over my online feeds. What the heck? What is this thing? I seriously thought it was an oversized foundation sponge and ignored the posts until one day I came across a review from a blogger I knew and realized what they were all about:

"Soft enough for a baby's skin while still providing effective exfoliation. Relaxing and gentle for daily use even on the most sensitive skin. Say goodbye to the irritation caused by harsher exfoliating methods and expensive electronic gadgets. You don't even need to use a face cleanser, unless you want to. Fantastic for battling blackheads and breakouts."

When Oleavine sent me their Konjac Sponge with French Green Clay to try out, I was still pretty skeptic,  but I opened it up and followed the directions (easy: get the sponge wet, clean your face with or without a cream cleanser, and press the sponge to reduce fluids before hanging to dry) for several days.

easy! via

On day one, I was tempted to throw it away. It was so soft. Soft enough that I was convinced nothing was getting clean. I didn't feel any washing or lathering or exfoliation. I felt like I may has well have dipped a cotton ball in water and called it miracle skincare.

I was wrong.



I don't know what the deal is, but for the next few days, I continued to use the sponge (with my Arbonne cream cleanser since I wear makeup, but you can use the sponge solo as well). And it wasn't long before I realized that the stress acne on my left cheek - the same three zits that have been there for months that resisted all cleansing, masks, exfoliation, and pimple creams...they were fading.

Even more, I was certain I'd be seeing more breakouts because my skin certainly must not be clean enough from this thing. Nope. My skin is remarkably clean.

Even better - the Konjac Sponge is both affordable and green:
  • Biodegradable/sustainable (you'll read more about this later this week when we talk resolutions!)
  • No chemicals or artificial color added
  • No preservatives added
  • Handmade with natural ingredients
  • Reusable and long-lasting
An interesting detail I didn't realize is that Oleavine actually offers 4 different sponges to deal with a multitude of skin issues:

via
In review: Affordable, green, and it works.

Yes, please.



post signature

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the discussion!


Bekah Loves Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.


© Bekah Loves. Design by FCD.