})();

June 17, 2013

super lazy eats: summer berry salad



One of the best things about summer? The abundance of fresh fruit. YUM. Especially berries. We recently got a Wegman's in town, and the first thing you see when you walk in are strawberries. 2 lb. cartons for $3.99, to be exact. Not bad. I find myself picking up a carton just about every shopping trip.

There is a downside, of course. We all know how quickly those blasted things go bad. I feel like I wake up the next morning only to throw the carton out. I rinse them, I've tried random tips like rinsing with vinegar...not much seems to work.

Nothing is wasted; the tops make a tasty snack for Zoot!


My solution? Eat 'em fast!

I bring the carton home,rinse and cut the berries, and store them in the fridge so they're super accessible. They seem to keep a tad bit longer in the fridge too.

I eat 'em raw, throw them in yummy drinks, and a recent favorite, toss 'em on a salad. YUM. With the berries already cut and good to go, this truly is a super lazy eat.


Summer Berry Salad

You Will Need:

Salad greens (I like a spinach blend with the berries!)
Strawberries, cut and rinsed
Blueberries, rinsed
Sliced almonds (it's also tasty with pecans)
Dressing (super tasty with raspberry vinaigrette!)

Directions:

Really? You need directions. Put all the stuff in a bowl however you like it, top off with dressing, and eat! Healthy, yummy, and easy!




post signature